Saturday, August 9, 2008

RSS and newsreaders.

Read instructions clearly - it then makes the learning process much simpler!
I joined up to bloglines and clicked on to the top 100 feeds, from there I subscribed to shallow topics such as:
Budget Fashionista, The food section and Shefindscom which were all interesting. I then learnt that if you want to save the article you need to click on the button at the bottom of the article 'keep as new' otherwise it is gone as soon as you close out of it.
The BBC newsfeed etc must be so handy for journalists, radio announcers etc to keep up with the latest news - I have heard people talk about newsfeeds but didn't really know what they were.In the Library they could be helpful for example for school projects in the learning centers. Personally I still prefer the NZ Herald hard copy with my morning coffee at 6am and flicking through hard copy magazines for fashion and recipes but you never know.......one day... !

No comments: